During these trying times, it’s more important than ever to stay healthy and relieve stress. One of the best ways to do that is with exercise. And these days, that probably means working out in or near your home.
If you are accustomed to heading to your favorite fitness facility, the idea of using a home gym may seem like a let-down. But consider the advantages:
- Safety and cleanliness — Never again stand in line to get on a sweaty piece of equipment that someone has just finished using. Stay germ- and virus-free while you get fit.
- Long-term cost savings — When you purchase home equipment, it’s yours forever. No more monthly gym expenses coming out of your bank account!
- Save time — What can be more convenient than working out right at home? Zero commute!
- Motivating environment — You pick the music or video that gets you through your routine, as well as the temperature that best suits your comfort level. And at home, there’s no unwanted conversation or distraction.
When you’re assembling your ideal home gym, here are the main things to consider:
- Invest in fitness equipment that’s as good as you can reasonably afford. Whether you’re used to top-quality fitness equipment from your commercial gym or just want a safe and effective home workout center, good equipment will pay huge dividends in the long run. Better equipment will be safer on your joints, last longer, provide better biomechanics, be smoother and quieter in operation, and be more motivating to keep you exercising consistently. Ask yourself, “What is my health worth?”
- Have a defined space for your home fitness center. That way you can still “go to the gym” for your workout. Once there, you are unlikely to be distracted. If you stay focused for 45 minutes or an hour each day, fitness success will surely follow.
- Buy equipment that’s right for your particular needs, goals and training style. If you like to lift free weights, don’t get a spin bike and think that you’re all set. Think about what you want to achieve and pick the fitness products that will get you there.
- Pick a dedicated time to train. It’s a documented fact that the time you invest in working out will be MORE than paid back in better sleep, more energy and increased focus and alertness — not to mention the benefits of better overall health and resistance to sickness. Since your personal gym is now steps away and open 24/7, set up a schedule you’re determined to stick with on a regular basis. That’s the surest way to achieve your personal health and fitness goals.
- Try before you buy. If you joined a gym, you were held captive to the brands the gym owner selected. When setting up your home gym, the entire world of fitness equipment is now your oyster! Since you’re going to become “partner” with your exercise equipment, shop carefully to make the best choices for your personal goals.
You can shop online at PremierFitnessSource.com or set up an appointment to visit any of our stores. We strictly operate under safe and secure health protocols at all times. The certified professionals at Premier Fitness Source will listen to your needs, let you try out options from many top-quality manufacturers and help you pick the fitness equipment that makes YOUR home gym the PERFECT home gym.