There are many physiological benefits to strength training. One of the very best types of strength training is a workout with dumbbells. They give you the flexibility to work arms individually for increased joint stability while you are making gains in toning muscles or increasing strength. And utilizing PowerBlocks, available through Premier Fitness Source, may be the absolute best choice for your dumbbell workout routine. Here’s why.
- PowerBlocks are incredibly space-efficient. (see below) A full set of PowerBlock dumbbells that range in weight from 5-50 pounds in 5-pound increments will take up only about FOUR square feet of floor space. Any home – even an efficiency apartment – will have room for these fitness superstars. Adding weight extension kits to bring the total available resistance to 90 pounds each will not change the storage footprint at all.
- PowerBlocks are incredibly cost-effective. Individual dumbbells are currently priced between $1.60/lb. & $2.00/lb. That means the standard 5 lb. to 50 lb. set which totals 550 lbs. could cost as much as $1100 for the dumbbells alone. Those same weights from PowerBlock will only set you back about ONE THIRD as much. And that price will include a stand to store your weights and angle them for easy access. If heavier weights are needed, the price advantage of purchasing PowerBlocks is even greater.
- PowerBlocks are incredibly flexible. In addition to allowing any possible dumbbell exercise, PowerBlock offers available accessories like a curl bar or straight bar (pictured) which turn your set of individual hand weights into a barbell set for even greater exercise routine variety.
- PowerBlocks are incredibly durable. Many PowerBlock sets feature urethane coating on the weights, which makes them silent and almost totally impervious to degradation or rust. In addition, the weight-changing mechanism used by PowerBlock is far less prone to failure than the “dial a weight” systems used by some other manufacturers.
- PowerBlocks are incredibly easy to adjust. In the same time it takes to put down one set of dumbbells on a rack and pick up another, you can change weights on your PowerBlock set by simply inserting the handle into the desired weight slot.
- PowerBlocks are incredibly safe. Once you select your weight with PowerBlock, you can confidently do any exercise and know that it’s virtually impossible for any dumbbell related failure to occur. PowerBlock even offers a standard 5-year warranty against manufacturer defect on all products, as opposed to the 3-year warranty offered by the other well-known producer of adjustable dumbbells.
In short, PowerBlocks are an incredible option for strength training. Check us on the web, call or better yet, stop into any Premier Fitness Source location to try out a set for yourself and see why so many people have chosen this industry leader to be the tool of choice in their pursuit of health and fitness goals.
Premier Fitness Source – Serving You from Start to Fitness!